South Africans are spreading their wings when considering investment opportunities and relocation options, and Malta is proving to be a popular choice.
In a survey conducted amongst 600 South Africans now living in Malta, some reasons given for choosing this Mediterranean island include:
– Great weather—sunshine almost all the year round
– Safe haven—minimal violent crime
– Easier access to Europe for traveling
– Superior education for children
– Abundant potential for career growth
– Superb health services
– Easy life, friendly English-speaking people, relatively cheap
Malta’s smart taxation solutions for business or personal purposes is made easier by its double taxation agreements with many countries. A variety of non-onerous Maltese residency programmes is also available which, amongst other benefits, includes access to a Schengen visa.